Thursday, April 30, 2015

Around The Table

So, I already missed two days, but with a newborn I found it a little hard to fit a craft project in this week.  Hopefully this weekend will provide me some time to get working and then I can share with you next week!

I had a post all planned for yesterday, but never found the time to sit down and share.  Yesterday, I found myself so excited for dinner.  My church has a meal every Wednesday and then youth programming that follows.  My husband and I work with the high school group, so I have always looked forward to Wednesday evenings for that reason.  However, yesterday I realized that I was excited in a different way than I usually am.  It's always nice to not have to cook or worry about what to eat on Wednesdays, but I realized that what I was most looking forward to was who I would gather around the table with.  It is always a different group of people that we end up eating with, but it is always so nice to share a meal with these friends and loved ones.  I also believe that holy and Godly moments happen when we take the time to sit down and live life with other Christians.  I am encouraged on Wednesday evenings.  I am uplifted on Wednesday evenings.  BUT maybe more importantly I get to BE encouraging and uplifting!  Last night one of the junior high boys sat at our table surrounded by adults in their late 20s.  He wasn't shy about it or upset that his friends didn't save him a seat.  I just think it was a beautiful picture of the Kingdom-people of various ages coming together and sharing life.  We got to hear all about his new job that he had just started that day.  A simple conversation, but a huge moment in his life!

I am so thankful for my church family.  They have gone above and beyond welcoming and loving Sven.  (We haven't had to think about meals yet!)  They truly care about Paul and I and we couldn't be more blessed by them.  I pray that we can continue to find ways to connect and love each other and also to find ways to share Jesus with the community around us!

No comments:

Post a Comment