Thursday, November 11, 2010

the big 2-5

This year for Halloween our church did Trunk or Treat. It was awesome. We had around 20 cars parked with their trunks in a circle and kids from the community came and went trick or treating at each car. There was also free chili and hot dogs inside for dinner. It was a major success and we ran out of candy several times-what an outreach to the community. It was fun to hang out all dressed up and I got to see several of my students all dressed up! Here are a few pictures:

As soon as Halloween is over my birthday celebration began...I had an awesome birthday week this year! One of my students also goes to church with me so she let out the secret that it was my birthday therefore about every 5 seconds one of the kids would wish me a happy birthday. I had birthday pizza with Linnea and Laurel and then went out with Colby, Anders, and Paul. Tuesday was my birthday party. Linnea went above and beyond to make me a Chipotle dinner...it was delicious and so fun to be with friends.


I also went home last weekend to celebrate with my family and then to also see friends from North Park. Amanda was in Chicago for the weekend and it was so fun to all be together again...it had been WAY too long! We spent the afternoon at the Botanic Gardens and then went to the NPU vs. Wheaton soccer game.


I have a long weekend this weekend and I'm looking forward to spending it in the UP. We have Monday off for opening day of hunting season and tomorrow is an in-service day for the teachers...so 4 days of freedom! I did not get scheduled for the daycare tomorrow which was making me a little nervous since I had taken the previous Friday off which means a large portion of my monthly income being lost. However, yesterday at church I was given an awesome gift which was just a reminder of all the ways God provides for us. It gives me comfort to know that He is going to take care of me financially...and in all other areas of life. What a God that I serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment